Friday 3 September 2010

Ectoplasm shall be mine!

Today I returned to work after my time off sick. It was okay: I can't claim to be filled with joy but there's nothing particularly bad about the day that made it a trial to be back. At lunch I read extracts from Stephen Hawkins' new book, where he looks closer at newer theories as to the origin of the universe, making a u-turn on his creationist supporting Brief History Of Time, stating in explicit terms that, scientifically, there is very little logic to allow a creator or "god" to have existed. Along with that it was a very interesting read, but it did reach beyond my grasp of physics at some points, leaving me a little bemused. This evening I went to the Loch Ness Inn with Catriona and Florence to welcome Grant back after his year in China. It turned out well and afterwards we met folk at the Ben, including Darroch and Joe who were marking Joe's last night in Drum. This was partly achieved with a very exclusive small bottle of 'Super Isla', a Fiddlers blend of whiskies unavailable to the public, made from all 9 island malts, one of which isn't made any more. Luckily I enjoyed it, despite my hit and miss taste for whisky. Afterwards I went to Drews for what may well be the last kitchen banter, with Jonathan and Grant. Grant left after a while, and the conversation was mostly geared towards movies, a controversial topic in the kitchen as we all have quite differing views. But it makes for good debate, and by the time passed 3:30am I started getting pretty freaked out by talk of horror movies so left literally minutes before the banter closed, taking a hasty cycle back on ectoplasm, the bike i am baby-sitting for Darroch. Song of the day is Move Your Body by Blessed by a Broken Heart. It's cheesy, yes, but its also awesome. That's all there is to say.

No comments: